We have diagnostic and monitoring equipment that enable us to care for patients with diseases including diabetes, hyper- and hypo-thyroidism, Cushings and Addisons, urinary problems, and more.
- Dogs and cats with diabetes commonly exhibit weight loss, excessive drinking and excessive urination during early stages. During later stages of the disease, pets get lethargic and ill.
- Hyperthyroidism is common in older cats. They typically have good appetites and are always hungry, but are losing weight. They may have poor coats, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Hypothyroidism more commonly affects dogs. Significant energy loss and weight gain are common symptoms. Of course, there are many dogs that are simply overweight and under active.
- Common signs of Cushings disease are increased drinking and urination. Some pets will have a pot-bellied appearance and thin hair coat.
- Addisons disease is rare. Dogs can show a number of different symptoms including GI problems and attitude changes.
- Kidney disease typically affects older pets and presents with increased drinking and urination along with decreased appetite and weight loss.
If your pet isn't feeling their best, please give us a call. We always try to get ill patients in right away.